Throughout the off-season I will update the power ranking as I see fit.
After free agency they will be updated, and after the draft they will be updated as well.
Which teams are tending up?
Which teams are trending down?
These are the official power rankings heading into the off-season.
1) EAGLES: They just won the Super Bowl without their best player, middle linebacker, and hall-of-fame left tackle among others. ANYONE who thinks the Eagles aren’t the best team and the team to beat are absolutely clueless. Eagles will be back in contention for another SB next year.
2) PATRIOTS: Their defense was clearly exposed in the Super Bowl as they were torched by a second string QB. They made Blake Bortles look pretty good the week before. But they still have Brady and Belichick. Anyone who counts out that 1-2 punch doesn’t know a damn thing about football. New England will win their division, again as usual
3) STEELERS: Do yourself a favor and get out the checkbook and pay Leveon Bell. It is CRUCIAL that the Steelers keep Leveon or they will decline quickly.
4) SAINTS: Drew Brees and Sean Payton are a slightly lesser version of Brady and Belichick. They will make solid offseason moves and build around their explosive offense. They have a sick RB tandem and one of the best young wide receivers in the game.
5) PACKERS: Aaron Rodgers is the 3rd best QB in the league. They have work to do on the defense this off-season, but with new front office leadership, they will be right back in contention for the NFC North.
6) JAGUARS: I am only listing the Jaguars here because they were in the AFC Championship, but as long as they have Blake Bortles, they will never win a Super Bowl. Can they land a quarterback in the coming months?
7) VIKINGS: Their defense is awesome, regardless of the 38-7 stomping they took in Philadelphia in the NFC Championship. They have good coaching but a decision needs to be made on who their QB is.
8) RAMS: An excellent year with a 1st year head coach. Will Goff/Gurley and McVay keep the party in LA rolling? There is too much talent on this team to think otherwise.
9) PANTHERS: They are a few key additions away from a Super Bowl run. Their QB, who never stops taking criticism, has the potential to take this team deep into January each year.
10) FALCONS: If their head coach wasn’t Dan Quinn, a man who blew a 28-3 lead in the Super Bowl, I would have the Falcons in the top 5. Talent is off the charts but their coach is and will always be clueless. You can't win with Dan Quinn.
11) SEAHAWKS: I am very curious to see what the Seahawks do in FA and the draft. Can they get Russell Wilson some god damn talent or will he continue to have to throw the ball to Doug Baldwin, Luke Wilson, and all of the other receiving "studs" they have. They also have no RB. Poor Russell.
12) CHIEFS: Patrick Mahomes now is your chance to become the next elite QB in this league. You have a solid coach (for now) in Andy Reid and a ton of talent around you. Chiefs will be back in the playoffs next year.
13) CHARGERS: They made a late push after a sloppy start and almost made the playoffs. Every year this team is close, if they can add a few pieces, could this finally be the year?
14) COWBOYS: As bad as Dak Prescott is, and trust me he is BAD, Zeke Elliot is that good. Zeke will make Dak look better than he is this year now that his suspension disaster is over with. They also have questions surrounding with Dez. Will he be back?
15) LIONS: Matt Stafford can put up the points but it is their defense that struggles. New coach Matt Patricia will have something to say about that.
16) RAIDERS: The addition of Jon Gruden will help Derek Carr. They need to make the right moves in the off-season but this would be a good “dark horse” or long shot team for Super Bowl odds. I like the Raiders this year.
17) TEXANS: Healthy Deshaun Watson looked unstoppable last year. JJ Watt will be returning too. Things are looking up for Houston fans.
18) TITANS: I can't believe we're talking about a playoff team here. I don't like this team at all, but maybe the fact that they fired that stiff Mike Mulkarkey can be the difference. Can a good off-season and new coach Mike Vrabel change my opinion?
19) BILLS: Another crappy playoff team. They need a quarterback and they need it quick. Draft or free agency, it doesn't matter, just get one. Not much else to say about Buffalo.
20) RAVENS: Joe "not elite" Flacco is one hit wonder. This team needs help and I don’t expect they will be playoff bound anytime soon.
21) DOLPHINS: Tannehill is back and if he can stay healthy he is pretty good. He has some guys to throw the ball to as well. Still unsure why they traded Ajayi.
22) REDSKINS: They didn’t pay Cousins and instead got a lesser version of in my opinion. Alex Smith is good, but why not give Kirk the Money? Cousins wasn’t the guy costing this team games. And he has a ton of heart. Washington is a threat to no one.
23) CARDINALS: They need a MF-ing quarterback. David Johnson returning from injury. Larry Fitz coming back. DRAFT A YOUNG QUARTERBACK AND LET HIM DEVELOP. CHRIST.
24) BRONCOS: They are going to shoot up these rankings once they sign Kirk Cousins, and they will sign him, but for now 24 is good.
25) BENGALS: I should never list a team who continues to bring Marvin Lewis back this low. Bengals are a disaster.
26) 49ERS: I am NOT buying into Jimmy Garrapolo. Not one bit. We will see what they do with their $40 million remaining in salary cap, but this could be the highest the 49ers are ranked all season.
27) BUCCANEERS: I have a hard time believing the Buccaneers are as bad as they were this last season. I expect them to make a move and some noise and maybe “scare” a few teams in the NFC.
28) BEARS: The Bears aren’t that bad of a team, but they have to play the Lions, Vikings, and Packers twice and that means 2-4 at best. They finally have a new coach, which is a good thing. They need a big off-season in Chicago.
29) COLTS: The addition of Frank Reich is awesome, and healthy Andrew Luck will skyrocket the colts, but is Andrew Luck ever going to be healthy again?
30) JETS: Please draft a Quarterback New York. Do not sign Kirk Cousins, you do not have enough talent and they will only prolong your rebuilding process.