The Jaguars are who I thought they were, and the Chiefs are back.
Here are the OFFICIAL power rankings heading into the final week of the regular season.
1) EAGLES: The offense was stale but the defense stepped up big time and sealed up home field advantage. The road to Minnesota goes through freezing cold Philadelphia, good luck.
2) PATRIOTS: Brady. Bellicheck. Gronk. The road to Minnesota in the AFC goes through New England and I have every reason to believe that will be defending that title come February.
3) PANTHERS: Cam Newton is the x-factor. 11 wins and still an opportunity to win their division. I do believe this team will knock off the Saints in January if given the opportunity.
4) SAINTS: High powered offense continues to win big games. Don’t sleep on Brees aka MR. 70,000.
5) VIKINGS: Unfortunately the road to Minnesota is not going through Minnesota, but there is no reason to believe the Vikings can’t make a run. Their defense is playing exceptionally well.
6) STEELERS: The Texans stink but I think it is clear the Steelers were pissed off about the blown call against the Patriots. Statement win going on the road and absolutely dominating the Texans. When Brown gets healthy, the Steelers are a problem.
7) RAMS: Is Gurley the MVP? Can anyone stop him moving forward? The guy runs all over everyone he plays. Leveon Bell 2.0
8) CHIEFS: Andy strings together back to back to back victories and the Chiefs are looking like the team that started the season. Need I remind you again they beat the Patriots and the Eagles.
9) RAVENS: Joe Flacco and company are going to sneak in the AFC wildcard and likely have a match up vs the Chiefs. Can this Ravens team make a run?
10) FALCONS: All they have to do is win and they are in. Dan Quinn and Matt Ryan, the ball is in your court. Falcons control their own destiny. Something tells me Cam Newton is going to send them golfing and end their season earlier than fans expected.
11) JAGUARS: Listen to the glockcast. The Jaguars are a joke. Congrats on being in such an awful division that you are able to get double digit wins. Can’t wait to see you lose in the playoffs. They stink.
12) SEAHAWKS: If the season ended today, Seattle is out (Atlanta in). Right now Tennessee Titans are the 12th team in but they have no business being on this list. The win against Dallas in Dallas with the return of Zeke keeps their playoff hopes alive. I personally would not want to face Pete Carrol or Dangerusswilson in the playoffs.
Titans: They are a playoff team if season ended today so they “earn” a bubble spot. Titans are a snoozefest.
Chargers: Needing a win this week against the Raiders, and losses from Titans and Ravens, their playoff chances are slim. If they do sneak into a wildcard spot it will be fun to watch as Rivers always provides entertainment.
Bills: First things first, beat Miami. Then do some praying other things work in their favor. I think the loss to new England and the overturned call was a momentum changer that will haunt them in the off season, which for Buffalo will likely start earlier than the above listed teams. I am sure this makes the tables in buffalo very happy that they live to stand another season.