The first ever Mouthpiece power rankings caused quite the stir.
Some were even going as far to say that Matt is Mouthpiece's Skip Bayless.
Matt lives in the here and now... lets see what he has in store for us this week.
Week 5 Power Rankings.
1.CHEIFS: 5-0 is not a fluke. The chiefs are really, really good. Alex Smith looks like a legit MVP candidate and he has weapons everywhere to assist. Big Andy must be happy.
2. PANTHERS: Back to back road wins as underdogs solidify this #2 spot. SuperCAM doing it without G-reg. McCaffrey is only going to get better.
3. EAGLES: A blowout win against a mediocre team. I don’t care if the Cardinals stink. Wentz looked like the best QB in the league. Defense looked solid as well.
4. PACKERS: Same excerpt as last week, AARON RODGERS. He isn’t even fair. He might not be human. Can anyone stop him? LOOK OUT.
5. PATRIOTS: Solid road win against a good Bucs team moves them up a spot. Defense clearly improved and responded to reports that they “stink”. Do I need to remind you again? Brady. Belichick.
6. BRONCOS: Hate to drop them a spot on a bye week, but I can’t get rank Semian over Brady, again, especially when Brady is coming off a W. Defense is still stacked and should carry Denver to a wildcard spot for certain.
7. FALCONS: Expecting a statement win coming off the bye. Yes Buffalo beat them, but this team is scary good.
8. SEAHAWKS: Didn’t take long(1 week) to get this team into the top10. I expect Pete Carroll and Russ to keep climbing.
9.LIONS: This team is good enough to remain in the 9th slot coming off a home loss to a very good Carolina team. Expect Detroit to bounce back.
10. SAINTS: Must be nice to move up a spot on a bye week, but the NFL is that bad. I am a believer in Drew Brees.
11. STEELERS: Really hard to keep this team in the top 12 coming off a home blowout to the Jaguars. That being said, they still have 2 of the best players in the league in Brown and Bell.
12. BUCCANEERS: This team is still right there, unfortunately they had to play Brady against a loss. It doesn’t help they play in the strongest division in NFL, but they will bounce back.
ON THE BUBBLE
RAMS: Contended(and would have won if Kupp didn’t drop that last second TD) against a good Seattle team. They also got A LOT of help from the rest of the NFL stinking. This team is better than I thought, but my expectations are still low.
TEXANS: Tough schedule so far, and not even best record in their division, but this division stinks. Losing JJ Watt will likely keep them on the outside looking in, but Deshaun Watson is the real deal.
RAVENS: Quietly this team is 3-2. I do not expect much from this team, but their division is up for grabs and their coach knows what he is doing.
REDSKINS: 2-2 with losses vs top 3 teams has them on the bubble.
JETS: 3-2. This team can’t even tank right. They will finish 5-11 at best.
BILLS: Last week I told you they will start losing soon, I was right. They will continue losing.
JAGUARS: They lost to the first team on this pretender list. Then they crushed the Steelers in Pittsburgh. They are in first place. I am not buying it.